Bicycle Skills Workshop
Want to learn the basics of riding your bike in Los Angeles? Whether you’re already a seasoned commuter or have yet to venture out into traffic, this class will teach you something new and make cycling in LA safe and fun.
This class gives cyclists the confidence they need to ride safely and legally in traffic or on the trail. The course covers bicycle safety checks, fixing a flat, on-bike skills and crash avoidance techniques and includes a student manual.
League of American Bicyclists certified instructors Ron Durgin and Henry Hsieh will be teaching this fun and knowledge filled course in Santa Monica on August 2nd and 3rd.
There are two class options to choose from:
In-Class Course (Saturday, August 2nd only)This course will cover safety in traffic and on multi-use trails as well as how to fix common mechanical problems. Participants who successfully complete only this section will receive a certificate from LACBC, which can be applied as $10 discount for future participation in the full course.
- Location: Community Corp, 502 Colorado
- Time: Saturday, August 2nd, 10am – 2pm
- Bring: pen/pencil; optional: your bicycle, lunch (microwave and fridge available on-site)
- Cost: $15 for LACBC members, $20 for non-members
- No reservation required.
Full 2-Day Course (both Saturday August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd)In addition to the in-class portion, the 2nd day will be mostly on the bike, where you’ll develop your bicycle handling skills and actual on-the-road experience. Participants who successfully complete and pass this course will receive a Road I certificate from League of American Bicyclists.
- Saturday: See details for In-Class course above.
- Sunday Location: Santa Monica High School, North Parking Lot, Entrance off alley between Olympic and Michigan near 7th Street
- Sunday Time: Sunday, August 3rd, 9am – 3pm
- Bring: ANSI approved Helmet (required), your bicycle in working condition (both days), lunch (optional)
- Cost: $40 for LACBC members, $50 for non-members
- SPACE IS LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS!
Reserve your space TODAY: call Aurisha of LACBC at 213-629-2142