At 6PM on Saturday February 5, Bikerowave will host a basic Bike Basic Maintenance clinic.
1) Saddle Adjustment
– checking your bike for correct saddle height
– adjusting saddle height
Tools: hex wrenches 4, 5, 6, & 8 mms; adjustable box wrenches
2) Changing a Flat
– removing wheel from frame (front)
– explaining / identifying quick release mechanisms
– identifying parts of wheel
– using tire lever to remove tire from wheel
– removing the tube
– inspecting the tire, wheel and tube
3) Emergency Tire Patch
– explaining and/or demonstrating effect of torn or punctured tire
– putting patch in place on tire
– patching a tube
– reinstalling tube and tire
– Inflating tube
Tools: tire levers, patches, vulcanizing fluid, pump, spare tube, dollar bill or silver foil candy bar wrapper
4) Brake Adjustments
– explaining and/or demonstrating the brake mechanism
– identifying parts of the brake mechanism
– adjusting the brakes using a barrel adjuster
5) Derailleur Adjustments
– explaining and/or demonstrating the derailleur mechanism
– identifying parts of the derailleur mechanism
– adjusting the derailleurs using a barrel adjuster
– adjusting limit screws
– adjusting limit screws to ride in a single gear
We’ll also help you diagnose bike noises that aren’t right, how to spot something that’s loose or poorly adjusted and what bits need cleaning and lubrication.
Please RSVP to [email protected] and let us know that you’ll be coming.
We hope to see you there!