- Do you want to be an active part of the growing community of bicyclists in greater LA?
- Do you want to know how to fix a flat, rebuild your bottom bracket, or build up a bike from a box of parts?
- Do you like hanging out with smarmy hipsters that wear tight pants and have funny moustaches?
Then boy (girl)–do we have the gig for you!!!
Become a member at the illustrious, no longer obscure, awesome, yet still humble, biggest little community bike co-op in the Galaxy!
We a not-for-profit, D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) bike repair co-operative that services L.A.’s west side, with an all volunteer membership of local bicycle enthusiasts.
At the Bikerowave we teach cyclists how to maintain their bikes, and help them with difficult repairs, making the joy of biking accessible to all.
- Membership does not require mechanical know-how as there are a multitude of positions and responsibilities that need just as much attention as the bikes themselves. As such, we are always looking for fresh faces to help us grow, and to grow along with us.
- If wrenching is your thing, but you don’t know a bearing from a braze-on, no problem. You can start as a Shadow Mechanic, hone your skills, progress to Mechanic, and eventually learn enough to be Head Mechanic.
- If you want to help, but just can’t make a regular shift because of school, work, or that unruly macrame club you belong to, we have project teams (from fun to financial) that could always use more help. Membership in a committee in addition to a shift is also encouraged.
Now that you know a little bit about us, the next step is to tell us a little bit about yourself.
Thanks and see you there!